Catherine B. Derenze represents plaintiffs in federal courts across the country in a broad range of data breach, consumer fraud, and antitrust class action matters. Catherine also has a burgeoning appellate practice and has briefed and argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court and the New Jersey Appellate Division.
Catherine is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross (2013) and Seton Hall University School of Law (2018). She is a member of the bars of the State of New Jersey and Federal Bar of New Jersey. Before joining LDGA, Catherine clerked for the Honorable Heidi Willis Currier, J.A.D., of the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court. Prior to that, she served as an extern to the Honorable Patty Shwartz, of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Catherine is currently involved in a variety of class action matters, including the following:
• In re: Samsung Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, MDL No. 3055 (D.N.J.) (appointed liaison counsel)
• In re: American Medical Collection Agency, Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, MDL No. 2904 (D.N.J.)
• In re Plum Baby Food Litigation, 1:21-cv-2417 (N.D. Cal.)
• In re: Generic Pharmaceutical Pricing Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2724 (E.D. Pa.)
• In re: Hard Disk Drive Suspension Assemblies Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2918 (N.D. Ca.)
Catherine recently achieved a favorable result for her amici curiae clients in DiFiore v. Pezic, 254 N.J. 212 (2023), and currently serves as the Co-Chair of the New Jersey Bar Association’s Appellate Practice Committee.
Catherine spoke on two panels in 2023:
• “You Filed Your Appeal Now What?: A look at stays, bonds and more” for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
• “Recent Trends in Class Actions.” for the New Jersey Bar Association’s Annual Meeting
President-Elect Timothy F. McGoughran, Esq. of the New Jersey State Bar Association appointed Catherine B. Derenze to serve as Co-Chair of the Appellate Practice Committee for 2023-2024.
Catherine B. Derenze spoke on a panel titled “You Filed Your Appeal Now What?: A look at stays, bonds and more” for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education. Other panelists included Chief Judge Carmen Messano of the New Jersey Appellate Division, Andrew R. Turner, Esq., and Conway C. Marshall of International Sureties, Ltd.
¹The Super Lawyers List is issued by Thompson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Award Methodology.